With the success of the inaugural season of Women’s football at Keilor Park behind us, we have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure we maintain the momentum and grow our women’s program, to what we believe can be one of the best in the area. follow us on Instagram @shedevil_footy for all the latest info.
The LKB SheDevils Pre Season Development Program has been formed to continue to develop the girls skills over the off season and provide them with the opportunity to fast track their learning. The girls who played last year are eager to get back into it and we also encourage girls of all ages and ability to come down and join the SheDevils.
In our first year we focused on creating an environment and culture that the girls just loved being a part of, we wanted to make footy fun, a place where everyone could feel comfortable, be social and get fit. The buy in from the girls was outstanding and the fact we went from 5 girls on the list in January, to ending the season with 30 on the list, proves we have created that environment on and off the field.
We as a club understand we need to continue to grow and are looking to implement a more professional structure going forward in to year 2. Below are some of the things we have put in place.
- We have formed a Women’s Sub Committee to represent the girls. This includes the appointment of Ian Gwynne as Women’s Coordinator.
- Another key role we see important on this Sub Committee was a Welfare Manager for the girls, we are lucky enough that this position has also been filled.
- Signing of a sponsor for the Development program. LKB (Luxe Kitchens and Bathrooms) have jumped on board to support the SheDevils. This gives us the ability to take the professionalism to the next level, it will include the purchase of some exercise bikes, new boxing equipment, other gym equipment and training singlets and leggings.
- Redevelopment of our existing Change Rooms to be female friendly.
The Program will be run by 2018 coach Brent Cooper who has been working hard behind the scenes to develop his knowledge of women’s football, he understands the subtle differences between the men’s and women’s game and has set the program out to work on specific skills relevant to the girls improvement. We have also got our Auskick Coordinator Holly Bauerle on board as the ‘Junior Coach’ for the program. We understand its important to have a streamline learning process across the board from the U9 girls right through to the seniors. We want them all learning the same skills and style of play, and that is why we encourage all girls from age 10 and above to be apart of the program.
The Program wont just be looking at Ball Skills, there will be specific sessions focusing on protecting the head and body, bracing yourself for impact and falling, along with a special educational session on ACL injury prevention. We are also working hard to secure some AFL and AFLW stars to come down and be apart of the #SheDevils, stay tuned for this information to be released.
Keilor Park Football Club will now be a place where females can thrive playing AFL.
We kick of this Thursday night from 6pm at the Keilor Park Football Club. We would love to see as many girls down as possible, if you love having a kick of the footy, come down and #beashedevil.
First 4 Sessions as follows:
- AUG 23rd THURSDAY 6PM @ KPFC
#SheDevils45 (45 minute social fitness session to get everyone back in the groove)
- AUG 30th THURSDAY 6PM @ KPFC
- SEPT 6th THURSDAY 6PM @ KPFC
- SEPT 13th THURSDAY 6PM @ KPFC
KICKING FUNDAMENTALS 1
If you are interested and want to find out more please fill in the form at the bottom of the page, simply show up to training and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @shedevil_footy for all the latest info.