Keilor Football Club is an Australian rules football club located 20 km north west of Melbourne in the suburb of Keilor.
The first football match played at Keilor was in 1894 against an Essendon junior team. In the period 1894–1925, Keilor played matches against various sides including city hotel social clubs and nearby towns.
Keilor’s first competition matches were in 1926, when the club was a founding member of the Keilor & Broadmeadows Football Association. The club won premierships in 1926,1927 and 1928 in this league.
In 1932, Keilor joined the Essendon District Football League and has remained in this competition ever since. In 1968 Keilor won its first senior premiership the B Grade and has been in A-Grade continuously since that time, the longest of any A-Grade club.
In 2008 Keilor defeated Greenvale 20.12.132 to Greenvale 15.9.99 for the A Grade premiership.
SENIOR PREMIERSHIPS (13)
- Keilor & Broadmeadows Football Association (2)
- Essendon District Football League (11)
- A Grade
- 1973, 1985, 1988, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2008, 2016
- B Grade
- A3 Grade
2008 Keilor defeated Greenvale in the Grand Final by 32 points
VFL/AFL PLAYERS FROM KEILOR FOOTBALL CLUB
- George Spero 1960 (Essendon Football Club)
- John Ellis – Essendon
- Mark Harvey – Essendon and former Fremantle coach
- Ricky Olarenshaw – Essendon, North Melbourne and Collingwood
- Ivan Maric – Adelaide Crows/Richmond Football Club
- Michael Rischitelli – Brisbane Lions/Gold Coast Suns
- Joseph Galati – North Melbourne Kangaroos
- James Sicily – Hawthorn Football Club
- Corey Ellis – Richmond Football Club
- Jayden Laverde – Essendon Football Club
- Damien Cavka – West Coast Football Club
- Paul Ahern – Greater Western Sydney Football Club
- Nick O’Kearney – St Kilda Football Club