- To ensure that appropriate administrative support is provided to the President, General Committee and sub committee’s.
- To provide a “whole of Club” planning focus to ensure the overall efficient management of club functions.
- To manage business considered by the Club Committee.
- To provide support to the Executive and Committee members to ensure the efficient operation of the Club.
- Establish a planning calendar for the year.
- Provide a coordinating and support role for Club sub committees.
- Formulate the annual operating plan and manage its ongoing administration.
- Provide secretarial support to the Committee.
- Maintain an accurate copy of the Rules and By-Laws of the Club.
- Maintain a complete record of all activities of the Club.
- Be familiar with the rules of the Club, League, State Body, AFL and any other body that has governance to give advice to the President and Committee as required.
- Prepare minutes of all committee and general meetings of the Club and distribute in accordance with the Rules of the Club.
- Receive all correspondence directed to the Club.
- Prepare and send correspondence in accordance with the direction of the President and Committee.
- Report activities of the portfolio to the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepare a comprehensive report of all activities of the Club for presentation to the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
- Assist other Committee members in their duties as required.
- Undertake tasks at the request of the President, Executive or General Committee.
- Reports to the Club Committee.
- Liaises with the Executive.
- Liaises with sub committee’s. Accountability
- The Secretary is accountable to the President and the General Committee.
- Provide a report on any aspect of portfolio operations to the monthly Committee meeting.
- Seek ratification from the appropriate Committee member prior to committing the Club to any financial expenditure or action.
- The job description will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it remains current and practical.