Thank you to everyone for their patients during these unexpected times. As a club we were excited for the season to start with a full list of junior and senior teams and like everyone we did not expect these challenging times.
Since the announcement of restrictions the committee have been meeting and communicating regularly on possible plans of action whilst waiting for instructions and announcement by our governing bodies (AFLVic, EDFL and local council).
With the recent announcement our senior men, women and U18.5 teams have already started training in groups of 10 under strict training protocols that commenced on Monday 25th May. To ensure we adhere to these protocols we have five trained COVID-19 safety officers at training sessions. As a club along with our safety officers our aim is to provide a safe and hygienic environment for all players and coaches.
We are still waiting on the final decision how the season will go ahead. Please keep checking our website for regular updates along with social media. Coaching staff will also endeavour to contact players if required.
Current COVID protocols and training update as of 30/05/2020
Training COVID protocols
– All equipment is to be cleaned before and after every training session
– All players are to sanitise hands before and after every training session
– All access to club facilities are banned, including bar, kitchen, club room, showers & change rooms).
– Players are to arrive at training fully prepared to start training (change room facilities closed)
– Players are to supply their own drink bottles
– Players are NOT to attend training if unwell and contact coaching staff
– Players to conduct themselves with social distancing in mind, no hand shaking and remain 1.5m apart at all times.
AUSKICK – Season on hold. Currently waiting for AFL to make decision.
JUNIORS – Training on hold until restrictions are further reduced by EDFL and Council.
U18.5 – Training has commenced in groups of 10 each Friday as instructed by coaching staff.
SENIOR WOMEN – Training has commenced in groups of 10 each Mon and Wed as instructed by coaching staff.
SENIOR MEN – Training has commenced in groups of 10 each Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs as instructed by coaching staff.
For weekly updates on the current status. Please check the COVIS-19 Update page on our website – http://keilorparkfc.com.au/covid-19-update/