The Team Management guidelines ensure a consistent and fair approach is taken across all our junior teams for 2017, covering competitions from U11 right through to U17’s. Depending on the effectiveness and feedback of these guidelines, some may become club policy from 2018.
The U9 team is managed under the Auskick program, so is not covered by these guidelines.
The most important members, other than the players, of any team are the Coach and Team Manager.
- The Coach is entrusted with developing the skills and ensuring all players enjoy their time in football at Keilor Park. A detailed description of their responsibilities is listed in the Coaches Position Description on the internet.
- The Team Manager ensures all off field activities are coordinated to ensure the smooth running of the team so the coach, players and families can gain maximum enjoyment. A Team Manager Position Description and Checklist is also available on the internet.
The below areas are covered in these guidelines –
- Volunteer positions
- Jumper number allocation
- Bench & Positon rotations
- Team numbers
- Best & Fairest voting
- Playing in higher age brackets
- Coaching variety
- Junior Team Management Guidelines – Click Here
- Healthy Choices for Junior AFL Football – Click Here
- Hydration guidelines for Junior AFL Football – Click Here
Please click on the image for a comprehensive Junior Guidelines Policy