- To co-ordinate all off field football activities for the Clubs teams to ensure that all players and off field staff are provided with the highest level of support to enable them to compete
- To provide support to the Executive and Committee members to ensure the efficient operation of the Club Responsibilities
- Assist other Committee members in their duties as required
- Undertake tasks at the request of the President, Executive or General Committee Pre Season
- Coordinate formulation of the Football Operational Plan.
- Formulate remuneration packages and contracts for players and coaches and ensure the contracts are executed.
- Ensure that all contacts fall within the allocated budget and that variations are brought to the Club Executive prior to the Club being committed to the variation.
- Appoint appropriate personnel, or ensure they are appointed, team managers, trainers, runners and other team support staff to ensure smooth running on game days.
- Negotiate all clearances and player registrations in accordance with the league rules During season
- Coordinate delivery of the Football Operational Plan.
- Provide documentation in consultation with the Treasurer for all player\coaching payments
- Liaise between players, coaches, Club Executive and General Committee.
- Ensure all equipment is available as required by Coaches and/or League (eg: match balls)
- Ensure all support staff are in attendance and are provided with appropriate equipment to undertake their specific role.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of all training and match equipment (eg:goal post covers)
- Coordinate submission of running sheets and match reports after games.
- Ensure players attending League tribunal hearings are supported by quality advocates.
- Ensure equipment, e.g. jumpers and footballs owned by Club are retained by Club.
- Reports to the President and Executive.
- Supports the senior coach, match committee, football support staff including team managers, trainers, runners, boundary umpires and time keepers
- Liaises with official Club suppliers & other key stakeholders Accountability
- The Football Manager is accountable to the President and Executive
- The Football Manager shall seek ratification from the Executive Committee of a football budget that includes all Coach, player and trainer payments and shall thereafter have the authority to act within the limits of that budget without reference to the Executive.
- Provide a report on portfolio operations to the monthly Committee meeting
- The job description will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it remains current and practical.