Know a little about football, but lots about leading people or companies, well we need you.
At this year AGM, we encourage people who are passionate about the future of Keilor Park Football Club to nominate for positions on the Executive Committee.
As a result of an early season strategy workshop with Terry Dillon Solutions we now have a new outlook on how a successful club and committee needs to function. A key mantra that is common amongst all successful clubs, is that they have many people doing less work, but at a higher quality.
Keilor Park’s philosophy is now – ‘Maximum of 2 jobs per person’, with no exceptions. We achieve this by supporting every executive position with sub-committees and/or groups of people beneath them.
So how does this translate to a Club President role –
- Estimated 2-4 hours per week (excluding match day fun)
- Club provides 5 experienced executive members, each with a clear area of responsibility and sub-committee support
- President has 3 areas of focus –
- Oversee the performance of the 5 Executive Members
- Provide support for our Child Safety Officer (hopefully never required)
- Provide assistance to our Volunteer co-ordinator in providing opportunities for uni students and new starters.
- Maximum of 2 jobs person will still allow the President to help out on Match day as Umpire Escort or Orange boy/girl.
The detailed position description is provided here > President (Position Description)
Expressions of Interest in roles for 2020 must be submitted to email@example.com before 9th Sept, so these can be communicated to members before the AGM.
Interested in becoming Secretary of a successful Club? Coming soon…..